Winter Sport Solutions sales lightly used ski equipment. Instead of paying big $$ for a rental you can own your own set from us.
From our experience for 2 – 3 ski rentals you can own a nice set of own pre-owned skis. No lines, contracts, waivers etc.
If you have a problem with matching the skis, please use our guid or contact us.
Owning a nice set of skis will help you advance to the higher level of skiing. Rental equipment, usually it is pretty basic with oversized boots. You will see a big difference when you own ski equipment which matches your ski level, ski style and boots giving you a full control over the skis.
How to choose the right skis:
- Choose the type of ski based on terrain you ski on: Your choices are all-mountain skis, carving skis, powder skis and backcountry skis.
- Find your ski length: As a general rule, choose a ski length that comes up to between your chin and the bottom of your nose. Use our size chart for more info about the right fit.
There is another general rule. With a higher ability you can increase the length of the skis. (As a beginner start with shorter skis).
Ski Length Sizing Chart (this is our recommendation only)
Consider these factor selecting your equipment
- Skier weight: If you have a slight build for your height, consider choosing skis on the shorter end of the range. If you have a larger frame, think about choosing longer skis.
- Skiing style: If you like to make quick turns, opt for shorter skis. If you want to ski fast, go with a longer pair.
- Children under age 12, recommended skis shouldn’t be longer than up to the chin. If the child is an advanced skier , you can consider longer skis. Please be aware some junior skis and bindings have weight limits.
Bindings with a max Din 4.5 weight limit is 100 lbs
Bindings with a max DIN 7 weight limit is 150 lbs
|Skier Height (ft. in. / cm)||Beginner Length (cm)||Intermediate Length (cm)||Expert Length (cm)|
|4’6″ / 137||125||135||140|
|4’8″ / 142||130||140||145|
|4’10” / 147||135||145||150|
|5’0″ / 152||140||150||155|
|5’2″ / 157||145||155||165|
|5’4″ / 163||150||160||170|
|5’6″ / 168||155||165||175|
|5’8″ / 173||160||170||180|
|5’10” / 178||165||175||185|
|6’0″ / 183||170||180||190|
|6’2″ / 188||175||185||195|
|6’4″ / 193||180||190||200|